Tel Aviv by night - Jerusalem by day!
On this tour, you will get to ride like the locals from the Savidor train station in Tel Aviv, along the newly built railways along "Highway 1" to one of the most historic and spiritual places on Earth: the Old City of Jerusalem.
While using the train, enjoy the scenery and free Wi-Fi and pass by the morning traffic jam. The train ride is in total 54min - with an easy and quick change of trains at Ben Gurion airport station.
Once you arrive in Jerusalem Yitzchak Navon train station you will switch to the "Jerusalem Lightrail" for a 5 stops ride till "City Hall" station and from there you can already see the Old City walls. After a short 6min walk you reach the entrance of the famous "Jaffa Gate" where you meet your group and guide.
Your Holy City Jerusalem tour starts at 11:00am. From there you'll begin your journey through the 3000-year old history of Jerusalem.
From the stations where Jesus walked (the Via Dolorosa), from the grave of Adam to the Hill of Golgotha (or Calvary), from the Church of the Holy Sepulcher to Dome of the Rock and Temple Mount, the hidden sections of the Western Wall, from the Al-Aqsa Mosque to the tomb of King David.
Jerusalem holds some of the most ancient history in Israel and we are looking forward to introducing you to this unique and special city.
Group size varies between (10 - 35 participants)
If you would like to explore on your own, after your Holy City Tour in Jerusalem, before heading back to Tel Aviv - here are a few ideas:
- Take the Lightrail from City Hall station to the famous "Machane Yehuda Market" station.
- Every Thursday, the unique "Yad Vashem Holocaust museum" is open till 20:00 - use the Lightrail and exit Mt. Hertzl station (last stop).
- Stay inside the Old City walls and now as you have a feeling about the place, give your self quality time at your most inspiring place.
- Stroll along the "Mamilla outdoor shopping mall" right outside the Jaffa Gate - with some stores and modern restaurant options.
- For those who will still have some energy left - continue to experience Jerusalem by foot - we suggest to "walk down Jaffa street" next to the Lightrail and get a feeling of the new city and grab some great street food on the way. You can reach the Yitzchak Navon station in about 40min, or whenever you feel tired, just jump on the Lightrail.