Starting your day at the Savidor Train Station in Tel Aviv and exchanging your email voucher with our Israelrail representative you are ready to go!
With less than an hours ride along highway 1, speeding past the morning traffic through the beautiful scenery, you’ll arrive in Jerusalem at the Itzhak Navon Station. After a short ride on the local Light Rail you are steps away from the famous Jerusalem Old City walls.
Meet your tour guide outside the Jaffa Gate and from there you’ll begin your journey through the 3000-year old history of Jerusalem. Walk along the stations of the cross, the Via Dolorosa, in the footsteps of Jesus on your way to the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Visit the grave of Adam and the Hill of Golgotha (or Calvary). Explore the Temple Mount, Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque and also the Western Wall (Kotel).
After having discovered the Old City, feel free to continue touring Jerusalem on your own
Explore on your own!
- Take the Lightrail from City Hall station to the famous "Machane Yehuda Market" station.
- Every Thursday, the unique "Yad Vashem Holocaust museum" is open till 20:00 - use the Lightrail and exit Mt. Hertzl station (last stop).
- Stay inside the Old City walls and now as you have a feeling about the place, give your self quality time at your most inspiring place.
- Stroll along the "Mamilla outdoor shopping mall" right outside the Jaffa Gate - with some stores and modern restaurant options.
- For those who will still have some energy left - continue to experience Jerusalem by foot - we suggest to "walk down Jaffa street" next to the Lightrail and get a feeling of the new city and grab some great street food on the way. You can reach the Yitzchak Navon station in about 40min, or whenever you feel tired, just jump on the Lightrail.