The Salad Trail is a unique agricultural tour in the Besor region.
The tour is managed by agronomist Uri Alon and his team of guides in the most advanced greenhouses in the Negev.
During the tour we will learn about the first pioneering settlements in the Negev, heritage and technological advancement.
We will observe the most up to date agricultural technologies - “high tech” of agriculture.
We will see a “green” lifestyle, recycling, connection to nature in an agricultural region.
The tour includes tasting and picking from the plant.
We will meet homing pigeons and how they were used during the War of Independence.
We will visit different stations:
• Station 1 - Pick and taste greenhouse – (tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers)
• Station 2 - Carrot field with a variety of colors
• Station 3 - Homing pigeons
• Station 4 – The Seven Species garden
• Station 5 - passion fruit maze.
• Station 6 – herbs hothouse
The duration of the tour is 2 hours.
*The stations may change according to the Agricultural season.